Electrical & Solar Solutions
- PRINCIPLES, DEFINITIONS AND OUTCOMES
Electrical & Solar Solutions collects and stores a range of personal information about individuals in the conduct of its business. Electrical & Solar Solutions is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and will adopt the:
- Objectives of the Privacy Act 1988
- Information Privacy Principles.
The personal information Electrical & Solar Solutions collects is a valuable element to being effective in its communication and some payment processes with customers. Consistent with the Information Privacy Principles of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), Electrical Green Power Solutions’ staff and contractors will consider the following regarding the collection and retention of personal (and sensitive) information:
- only use the information for the purpose for which it was explicitly collected;
- collect the minimum amount (rather than collecting everything); and
- store it securely.
- SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
This policy applies to all staff and contractors who work for and on behalf of Electrical & Solar Solutions.
- CONTEXT AND IMPLEMENTATION
Electrical & Solar Solutions aims to provide cost effective environmental solutions to energy for households and small businesses in South Australia.
The Electrical & Solar Solutions requires all staff and contractors to adhere to the objectives of the Privacy Act 1988 and the Information Privacy Principles, both in their actions with other staff, contractors and during interactions with customers and other members of the community.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Customers have the right to access, update and correct their personal information by submitting a written request to the Managing Director of Electrical & Solar Solutions.
Generally, such requests would be best transacted by email.
Electrical & Solar Solutions Managing Director, staff and contractors will:
- only collect information that is required and necessary for the primary purpose to provide energy solutions to households and small businesses:
- inform customers about why the information is being collected and how it is to be administered and protected;
- only use and disclose personal information solely for the main purpose for which it was collected;
- obtain consent from the individual or business contact whose personal information is being collected before using or disclosing personal information for any other reason;
- only disclose personal information without consent where required by law or for immediate personal safety consistent with the Information Sharing Guidelines ;
- every reasonable effort will be made to ensure personal information collected about an individual is accurate, complete and relevant to its purpose;
- ensure personal information will be secured against loss and unauthorised access, misuse and alteration;
- not provide to other parties so as to receive unwanted direct marketing;
- being able to make a complaint if it is considered that their personal information has been mishandled; and
- CONSULTATION AND PARTICIPATION
Customers and staff have the right to access, update and correct their personal information by submitting a written request to Managing Director of Electrical & Solar Solutions.
This policy will be subject to review every 3 years by the Managing Director of Electrical & Solar Solutions.